We’re Looking to Hire a
Yacht StarShip Dining Cruises and Events operates Florida’s largest and a premier fleet of dining and wedding yachts out of Tampa Channelside and Clearwater Marina. Our dining cruises consist of lunch and dinner, private events, corporate functions, social gatherings, beautiful weddings, and much more.
Yacht StarShip also owns and operates the Lost Pearl pirate ship and Pirate Water Taxi with a fleet of 6 water taxis offering hop on-hop off service at 15 stops along the Hillsborough River in downtown Tampa.
Deckhand for Dining Yacht
We are now hiring for an experienced Deckhand to work aboard our premier dining yachts. This is an excellent opportunity for those making a career in the maritime industry. Yacht StarShip will train, mentor and guide you along the path to earning your Captain’s License while helping to pay for the required courses. You will earn the valuable sea time required to obtain your Captain’s License within 2 years.
Some of the typical daily duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Security and safety at the gangway and passenger embarkation/disembarkation areas.
- Safely assist passengers on and off the board and monitor passenger activity during cruises.
- Clean and prepare designated public areas to assure guest satisfaction.
- Clean and inspect all public restrooms before, during, and after cruises.
- Empty and replace garbage bags in all garbage receptacles.
- Assist in fuel supply and black water removal. Take on potable water.
- Inspect the yacht for unsafe conditions while correcting and reporting any that are found.
- Responsible for mooring the vessel.
- Attend daily/weekly safety meetings with assigned crew.
- Perform general marine preventative maintenance activities, repairs, and housekeeping.
Candidates need to be mechanically inclined (in general) and able to work independently on a list of projects as well as with others on larger maintenance projects.
Deckhands, under the direction of their captains, are responsible for the complete care, preventative maintenance, and repair of the vessels.
Full-time employees will enjoy a suite of 25 insurance products to choose from. Insurance benefits are effective after only 30 days!
All employees receive complimentary dinner cruise tickets, Pirate Water Taxi passes, and matching 401k (over age 21) after just 6 months.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE GREAT PEOPLE SKILLS AND A PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE.
Deck crews are one of the first people our guests come into contact with on their cruise experience.
We are proud to be a drug-free employer that is regulated by the United States Coast Guard. If you can’t pass a drug test please do not apply.
Please be sure to describe and explain your marine and maintenance experience.
Yacht StarShip is a great place to start your career as we have many opportunities available for advancement.